From the outset our commitment has been to people, particularly the many vulnerable people across the City of Birmingham and beyond. We have always understood the vital importance of the place where a person lives to their overall well-being and thus we have made Housing a key element of our service provision. Furthermore, we appreciate the value of good support and human contact to enhance mental health.
These core Future beliefs are therefore that:
‘a combination of a secure and therapeutic living environment together with appropriate person-centred support and signposting is the key to enabling individuals to build a meaningful, more independent life in a positive community setting’
Principles of Governance
Our governance framework captures those beliefs in our Statements of Mission and Values:
To promote the independence of vulnerable people to live as independently as possible in the community of their choice; in so doing the organisation will develop from its grass roots to become a leading national provider of Health & Social Care services.
We will achieve our mission by:
- Promoting person-centered services;
- Focusing on service user involvement and choice;
- Being a sustainable community business;
- Promoting workforce development;
- Recognising and respecting diversity;
- Being committed to working in partnership with all those who assist us in achieving our
VALUES IN ACTION
This website provides many examples of our beliefs, mission and values being applied in practice. For specific examples, you might like to visit pages on:
- Our Housing Service [hyperlink to Housing with Support] and the commitment there to providing good quality accommodation along with excellent support and signposting offered by our Housing Officers. [hyperlink to Future People ]
- The work of our Flexible Future Forum in Involving People: tenants, service users, families, carers, staff, partners and any other ‘Friends of Future’. FutureHSC continuously runs several extensive Training and Development sessions to benefit all.
- The person-centred support taking place in our Respite Service particularly through the use of the Recovery Star tool.
- The wide Diversity and camaraderie amongst all of us here at Future HSC.
- Most significant from our point of view are the Testimonials and Feedback of those who use our services.